Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Product Review: TopCchips Chip Maker. & Day 2 of Our Vegetarian Journey

Due to our recent diet change, Jonathan and I have been looking for some fun healthy snacks to munch on.
My mom had told me about this chip maker that she had gotten at Bed Bath and Beyond so I decided to pick one up and try it out!

It's a real simple concept. Slice up fruits or veggies, set them on the tray, and microwave (YES I said microwave) it for 3-5 minutes. Then VIOLA you have chips! :)

For us, it was a hit or miss process.
When we tried doing some leftover potatoes it worked real well but when we tried apples the first tray came out good, but the second tray had some issues.

Over all it's a neat contraption. Especially for only $20.
And it's super healthy. :)

Day 2 of being a vegetarian was a success!
So was our Tofu dinner!
It was super risky for us to make a dish where the Tofu stood alone (we had blackened tofu with a side of Tahini mashed potatoes), but once it was cooked correctly it was really good!
I'm super excited to try tofu mixed with something, like pasta or stir fry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment