Monday, April 9, 2012

First Coupon Trip to Whole Foods!

Whole Foods is the one place that I LOVE going to, but HATE paying for.
I always get a knot in my stomach when it's time to check out.
But since couponing, I have discovered that there ARE coupons for healthy and organic foods!
Not only does WholeFoods.com have their own store coupons but there are organic websites that offer coupons too!

Jonathan and I have decided to start integrating vegetarian meals into our weekly dinners with a goal to slowly phase out meat all together.

So, for our weekly cooking adventure we do every Tuesday we decided to try something with Tofu.
Big risk, I know but if we are eventually going to stop eating meat completely we will definitely need another source of nutrients, which Tofu will provide.

Being the couponer that I am I had to check the coupon database to see if there were any coupons out there for tofu...AND THERE WAS!
I found a $.75/1 Q for Nasoya Tofu so I printed off 2 before we headed to While Foods and boy am I glad I did!

Here is what I got:

2 Nasoya Extra Firm Tofu $2.79 each
Sale: 2/$4
Minus (2) $.75/1 Q

Total: $2.50
That's $1.25 for each pack of Tofu!

All of the recipes that I have found call for around 10 oz of tofu each. With each thing of tofu we got being 14 oz that is almost 3 meals worth of tofu for only $2.50!!!!
I am super excited!

And if anyone wants to print off some of the tofu Qs for me that would be great! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment