Friday, April 6, 2012

My Sweet & Spicy Pickle Adventure!

One of my favorite snacks has always been sweet pickles. But they can be expensive.
Well a couple weeks ago I bought 6 jars of sliced pickles from Albertsons for $.50 each and had nothing to do with them...until now.
I decided to make my own sweet pickles!!

I found a recipe for some sweet and spicy pickles. And decided to try it!
Here is what I did.

16 oz Jar Hamburger Pickles
1/4-1/2 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
1/2-1 teaspoon of hot sauce. (I used Crystal)

Drain the pickle juice into a cup/bowl big enough to mix in
Keep pickles in jar
Add the sugar until it taste good to you (add as much as you want)
Stir until sugar is disolved
Add hot sauce (as much as you want)
Pour juice back into jar until full. (you may have some juice left over)
Put in fridge and let sit overnight.

I cant wait to try mine tomorrow!
The juice tasted yummy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment