Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Why I Coupon.

Since I started couponing in October 2011 I have had many people ask me why I do it. (or just JUDGE me for having 8 bottles of body wash or 10 tubes of tooth paste in my closet.)

I really wish I had some fancy answer or a heart felt story about why I coupon.
But I don't.
It's simple. I want to stretch the money God has blessed Jonathan and I with as much as I can and coupons allow me to do that.
And it's fun for me! It is truly exciting to see your $70 grocery bill go down to $15.
I don't spend hours a week doing it.
In reality, I check the websites I use right before I go to the grocery store and grab whatever coupons I will be using.
That's it.
Because of all the wonderful websites couponing really is easy and not at all time consuming.

Since January 1, 2012 I have saved $895.29 and only spent $252.60 using coupons.
Yes, I may have 8 body washes for me and 6 for my husband, 10 tubes of toothpaste, 20 total (mine and his) deodorants, and 11 bottles of shampoo etc... but I paid $.50 or LESS for each item!
I would rather stock up on an item when I can get it super cheap, or FREE when it is on sale now, rather than paying FULL PRICE for it when I need it in 2 months.
And in times of such financial crisis I find it hard to believe that people would judge me for saving money. I truly regret that they decide to pay full price for things that I can get for free or close to free.
Each item I have stockpiled has a shelf life of at least 3 years (1 year for food). This means I will not be wasting any of it. I DO NOT HOARD, I prepare. Prices are just going to keep rising so while I can stock up on cheap items, I will.
hoarding is having crap that you will never use. I ABSOLUTELY plan on using everything I buy.
(sorry, enough with my rant)

Couponing for me has become a hobby, but instead of costing me money, it saves me money! :)

if anyone has any questions just ask!



No comments:

Post a Comment