Monday, July 30, 2012

Dinner on a Dime. Spaghetti Squash and Green Beans.

I have 2 more recipes to share!
Jonathan and I cooked tonight and made a wonderful meal for really cheap!
(we had plenty leftover so I think it it would definitely feed at least 4)

We had some "Blistered Green Beans" and Spaghetti Squash with Herbs.
Many of the ingredients needed for both dishes are a household staple which always helps to lower the cost of dinner!
(I'm quickly realizing that the more household staples you have, the more great meals you can cook for hardly any cost out of pocket)

I didn't have to get ANYTHING for the Spaghetti Squash since I still had some Squash that my dad had grown in his garden.

And we were able to use our FRESH herbs that we have been growing in out kitchen window seal instead of buying some in the store!

The ingredients are:
Spaghetti squash
Cilantro
Parsley
Parmesan cheese
Olive oil
Salt & pepper
Brown sugar

Even if you did have to purchase items for this dish, it shouldn't have to be that many so your cost will still be low!

HERE is the link for the Spaghetti Squash recipe! :)

The Green beans were definitely my favorite dish of the night!
And soo easy, and also affordable!

The ingredients are:
Green beans
Apple cider vinegar
Garlic
Green onions (it called for shallots but we used what we had to cut cost)
Olive oil
Cilantro (we also used some of our parsley)
(it also called for bacon, but we decided to forgo the bacon due to our dietary lifestyle)

These green beans were really good! It's definitely a dish for cilantro lovers since the bulk of the favors come from the cilantro.
(the recipe calls for it just to be a garnish but I added it for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking. I also forgot to get a jalapeƱo so we just didn't use it)

HERE is the recipe for these AMAZING green beans!

Let's Tally My Cost:
All I had to buy for this entire meal was the green beans which were only $4.57 at Whole Foods!

As good as tonight's meal was, I am SUPER excited about what we are cooking tomorrow! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment