Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Winn Dixie Trip!

I hadn't shopped this weeks sales at Winn Dixie yet because I wanted to wait until I did our meal planning for this week.
I meal planned today and originally planned to go shopping after my internship tomorrow but decided I might as well go tonight so I can work on the school work that I did not do on Saturday when I get home tomorrow.

As you an see, I bought 2 more razors. Jonathan now has PLENTY of razors to last him a while, but with the huge Make-A-Deal this week I just couldn't pass it up.
This week when you bought a Gillette razor for $10.99 you got: shaving cream, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, and dental sticks FOR FREE! And I still had a coupon for a FREE Mach 3 razor when you buy a Gillette razor! So I got that for free as well!

Make-A-Deal:
Gillette Fusion: $11.99
Sale: $10.99
Minus $5/1 Q


Gillette Shave Gel: $4.79
Sale: FREE
minus: $1/1 Q

Secret Deodorant: $2.99
Sale: FREE

Crest toothpaste: $1.49
Sale: FREE

Proxi Plus Dental Sticks: $3.99
Sale: FREE

Toothbrush: $1.99
Sale FREE

Mach 3: $10.99
Minus: FREE wyb Gillette

5 lb Idaho Potatoes: $3.89
Sale: $2.50

Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce: $2 each: $4
Sale: BOGO (-2)

Bush's Baked Beans: $2.49
Sale: $2

Center Cut Pork Chops: $6/l
Sale: BOGO (-$6)

Minus $5/$30 Winn Dixie Q


Total Before: $60.61
Total After: $12.20
I saved: $48!


We are using the pork for our meal on Tuesday (thanks Pinterest) and it will yield leftovers for at least one night but probably 2 nights.
So for about $7 we will have 3 nights worth of meals! :)

So I've had some people tell me how much they hate leftovers, then in the very next sentence complain about how they spend too much money.
NEWSFLASH I don't think anyone loves leftovers, but leftovers and second chance meals (where you use leftovers to create a completely new meal) are two ways to cut cost! And it makes for an easy dinner night when you don't have to cook a complete meal from scratch.
So no, leftovers aren't my favorite but I would rather put more money in the bank each week than buying more food and spending more time cooking.
Since I try to only cook meals from things I buy things on sale it really does save a lot of money to cook a little extra for leftovers. Plus, most regular recipes yield leftovers for us anyway. :)

Sorry about my rant. Happy savings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment