Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dinner on a Dime: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas.

Tonight's dinner on a dime is our THIRD meal to come from the chicken I bought last week at Winn Dixie for $5!

We had the "Rotisserie Style"Crock Pot Chicken which had enough chicken leftover for the Chicken Pot Pie (which yielded leftovers so made 2 meals) and still had enough chicken left for enchiladas!

Sorry there is no picture, I was so hungry, and it was so good, that it wasn't until I was halfway through my enchilada that I remembered to take a picture, and then it was way too late!

We didn't have a TON of chicken leftover (obviously) but we did have enough to make to stuff 4 overstuffed enchiladas (could have made 5-6 regular) with the enchilada filling. They were so yummy!

Here's how you make them!

Ingredients:
Chicken (cooked and shredded)
Sour cream (as much as you want/think goes with the soup)
Cream of chicken soup (I used 1/2 a can since I didn't have much chicken)
Shredded cheese (you be the judge on how much you want)
Cilantro
Seasoning (whatever you want) we used S&P, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne.
Tortillas
Salsa

Combine sour cream and cream of chicken soup then add chicken, cheese, cilantro, and seasonings. Spoon filling into tortillas and line in baking dish. Cover with salsa and bake at 375 for 10-15 min. Add cheese on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.

Cost Tally:
Sour cream: $1.25
Cilantro: $.50

This meal cost me $1.75 to make since I already had the other ingredients! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment