Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My New Face Wash: Coconut Oil!

A couple of months ago I wrote THIS BLOG POST on the oil cleansing method of washing your face. In it I gave 2 links that explained why I was using olive oil and grapeseed oil to wash my face. (If you haven't already, you should totally check it out!)

Well, since then I stopped using the olive and grapeseed oils to clean my face and have switched to coconut oil! In the links I posted in my blog post explained the super simple concept of why cleaning your face with oil works. It's basic chemistry: like dissolves like. Translation: the oil you put on your face to clean it dissolves all the oil that is already on your face so you are left with perfectly soft and clean skin! Also, oils are GREAT make up removers. And...olive and castor oils get rid of acne!

If you want more of a face "scrub" add a little baking soda to your hand before you wash your face with the oil. It exfoliates your skin AND gets rid of acne! Win-win!!!

Since coconut oil is a solid, I scoop some out into a little container that I keep by my shower and use my fingers to scoop a tiny bit out each night to put on my face, then with a wash cloth and warm water I wash the coconut oil off. So simple, and so effective! (And cheap!)

Where do I get my coconut oil?
You may have noticed that your local store probably has coconut oil in the COOKING section, and the BEAUTY section.
What's the difference?
Which one do I buy?
Why is the one in the beauty section more expensive? Is it better?

I get my coconut oil from the cooking section. There is NO difference in the coconut oil from the cooking isle and the beauty oil EXCEPT that the oil in the beauty is,e can not be heated on the stove (to cook with). I honestly have no idea why it's more expensive, but I do know that either one is safe and effective for beauty purposes. I get the mine from the cooking isle just in case I ever want to cook with it, and it's cheaper!
Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it better!

Enjoy the all natural life!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people prefer to use coconut oil on face over night as an occasional or once-a-week emollient overnight treatment. If your skin is oily or you have combination skin, you may wish to experiment with using coconut oil as a spot treatment around your eyes or on dry skin patches COCONUT OIL ON FACE OVERNIGHT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solution for face oil is what every girl desires, our social profiles are totally dedicated for this purpose , do visit hauteher cosmetic tips for women

    ReplyDelete
  4.  Its a little sweet with a slight zesty scent. (BLACKWOOD FOR MEN)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the first place, select the facial wash that suits you since this is the most fundamental part in the skin health management routine. In picking your skin inflammation face wash, consistently search for a non-comedogenic one so it won't hinder your pores and afterward lead to skin break out.Rapid Wrinkle Repair Daily Face Moisturizer With SPF 30 + Hyaluronic Acid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skin whitening is considered to have a powerful impact on personality, especially in the Asia region. The environmental conditions & air pollution in Pakistan make your skin more oily, sweaty, and dull which results in the darkness of the skin.
    Best face wash for glowing skin has all the essential ingredients that clean your skin deeply, remove extra oil, sweat to provide you a complete cleansing and glowing skin to make you look Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for contributing valuable insights to the intellectual community. The author's work is shaping the way we think and fostering a culture of continuous learning.
    Bus Rental Sharjah

    ReplyDelete