Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Oil Cleansing Method: Why I Wash My Face With Olive Oil

So....I let it slip to some of my friends yesterday that I wash my face with olive oil. As u can imagine, I got several weird looks. I am here to explain why.

As I continue to switch all of my beauty products to all natural I have been in search of the perfect face wash for me and my skin!
I hadn't found it yet....until I read THIS BLOG POST and THIS WEBSITE!

Now I have ditched all of my bottled face wash and stopped my search for an all natural face wash and started using a blend of olive oil and grapeseed oil.

You heard me right, I wash my face with OIL!
And my skin has never been smoother or cleaner. It's amazing.
You may be thinking What?!?! How does oil clean your face!?! Wouldn't it make it more oily?!?
Nope. It's basic chemistry, like resolves like. Basically, oil resolves oil.

I'm sure you are a bit skeptical. I know Jonathan was. He has oily skin and was extremely hesitant to try it, but once he did, he is an oil cleansing method believer! He even commented on how clean and "normal" his skin felt.

And it's GREAT for removing make-up too. This was my biggest fear that I would end up with mascara under my eye. Not the case at all.

Instead of going I to detail about how and why I use the oil cleansing method I will refer you to the 2 links I posted above. They explain it all so well! I'd check out the blog first, then read the article. ;)

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I’m really impressed with your article, such great & usefull knowledge you mentioned here. Thank you for sharing such a good and useful information haute her home Solution for face oil tips

    ReplyDelete