Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hello Homemade: Foundation Powder

I have hit the All Natural jackpot by discovering THIS website!
If you click the link it will take you to the "recipe" I am blogging about now, but her site is FULL of great all natural recipes!

As evident by my last post, I am making the switch to all natural beauty and hygiene products to rid my body of nasty chemicals and toxins.
Well...my mineral foundation powder is almost out (as in it probably wouldn't have lasted until Saturday) I was planning on stopping by the mall on Friday to pick some more up (for $27), but now I don't have to!

Thanks to thankyourbody.com I now have a super simple and TOXIC FREE foundation powder "recipe".
And of course I had to share it!
You will probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen pantry!

Base:
Cornstarch (or Arrowroot Powder)

Color:
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Coco Powder

Jojoba, Olive, or Almond Oil (optional)

Directions:

1. Start with a base of Cornstarch (or arrowroot powder) (1 tsp. for dark skin – 1 Tbs. for light skin)
2. Slowly add in one or combination of the cocoa powder, cinnamon, or nutmeg until you reach your desired tone.

Optional:
If you want more of a “compact” foundation, add some jojoba/olive/almond oil to the mixture and press down into a compact. (Start with 5 drops and keep adding until it reaches your desired texture).

Use a brush to apply foundation. Make sure to tap off excess before swiping face.

I ended up using some of all three spices to reach my perfect tone, but I found the cinnamon altered the color the easiest. All three ingredients have been known to be good for skin, so not only is this make-up non toxic but it really is good for you!

I am so stinking excited and proud of this! I just saved Jonathan $30! ;)
It makes a good amount too!
There are also "recipes" for homemade mascara, lip balm, bronzer, and blush! I'm excited to try them all! :)

Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment