Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cream of X Soup Mix!

Let me start by asking this, how many of your favorite recipes (especially those wonderful comfort foods) call for a can of Cream of Something Soup!?!
My guess is, a lot! I know several of mine do!

If you are like me, once you learned what was actually in those cans of soup, you never wanted to buy one again, much less eat it! (Plus, the texture always grosses me out!)
Well, now I don't have to!

I found a wonderful recipe HERE for a DIY cream if X soup!
One batch of this equals 9 cans of soup!!

I used this tonight for my chicken pot pie filling and it was FABULOUS!
I am in love with this!!
And it's healthy!!!

Ingredients:
2 cups powdered non-fat dry milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup instant chicken bouillon (regular or low sodium)
2 Tbsp dried onion flakes
2 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a recloseable plastic bag, mixing well.
Store in air tight container.
Equal to 9 (10.5 oz) cans of cream soup.

To substitute for 1 can of cream soup:
Combine 1/3 cup of dry mix with 1 1/4 cups of cold water. Whisk until well blended.Cook and stir on stove top or in microwave until thickened. Add thickened mixture to casseroles as you would a can of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment