Saturday, March 30, 2013

Detoxifying Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie

While browsing Pinterest today I came across THIS recipe for a detox strawberry lemonade smoothie.
So of course I had to try it.
It is DELICIOUS!
And healthy. And low-calorie. And filling.
Who wouldn't love it?!?

Check it out!

Ingredients

1/2 cup pure coconut water
1 1/6 cup local, organic strawberries
1/4 medium-large local, organic lemon
1 handful of organic spinach
2 to 3 small pitted, local Deglet Noor dates (optional and can be used to sweeten according to taste)
2 scoops ice

Directions

The recipe is from smoothie enthusiast Heather Scott, who owns Purple Plant Smoothies, a San Francisco-based smoothie catering company. She recommends having the smoothie as a light snack or in addition to a healthy meal. "Most whole food, real fruits, and veggies have a number of extremely beneficial nutrients to help the body cleanse and detox naturally," Heather says. Get her recipe below!

Place strawberries, lemon, coconut water, ice, spinach, and dates (optional) in a blender.
Blend on medium speed for about 30 seconds.

I did not have any dates, so I used some liquid stevia instead.

This is my new favorite smoothie, EVER.
And...it's a great detoxifier!!!
I LOVE foods that also serve as a natural detox!
It reminds me of a (high sugar and super unhealthy) frozen strawberry lemonade that you can buy from a number of places.

I will definitely be making this throughout the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment