Sunday, March 24, 2013

Let the Juicing Begin!

Ever since beginning our clean eating journey Jonathan and I have been struggling with the decision of buying a juicer.
"Why Juice?"
"Would we really use it?"
"Is it too expensive to juice?"
"Would we even like the juice!?!?"
These were all questions we discussed over and over. And over and over.

After MUCH research and thought we finally decided to take the plunge and buy a juicer!
We got the Breville Juice Fountain.
I love it!!
It is pretty amazing and super easy to clean!

Of course we just HAD to try it out after Jonathan and I went for our run!

We made a "mean green lemonade" and it was delicious!!!

Ingredients (for 2 16 oz juices)

4 apples
1 lemon
1 small bunch kale
8 celery stalks
1 cucumber

We ran all the ingredients through the juicer then drank up!
I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty it was.
I'm going to make some in the morning to bring for lunch tomorrow..that's how good it was.

I REALLY can't wait to do a 3-day Juice Cleanse now! So exciting!

I'm sure some of you are wondering how much it cost us to make the Mean Green Lemonade, no worries, it didn't break the bank.
Each 16 oz juice ended up costing $3.
Definitely more expensive than some processed snack/meal, but SOOOO much healthier, like a BILLION times healthier.
And it fills you up too!

With this cost frame a 3-day juice cleanse of 5 juices a day will cost approximately $45. Not bad at all considering all the benefits that come from it. I can't wait!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment