Friday, June 14, 2013

DIY Deodorant! The BEST Ever!

After several months of trying store bought all natural deodorant I was about to give up.
None of them were satisfactory to me. They would be fine for the first few hours, then BAM I stunk.
I realize that all natural deodorants only cover up the smell of body odor, but I expected it to actually work. And in this Louisiana heat, I need something that works!

I have been really torn, I REALLY didn't want to go back to using chemical laden deodorant, but at the same time, I didn't want to stink.

That's when I remembered all the times I saw recipes for DIY deodorant and I thought I had all the ingredients, so I looked it up, and sure enough, all of the ingredients needed were in my kitchen pantry!

To be honest, I was a bit skeptical, but figured it was worth a shot. And I am so glad I tried it!

I put some on after I made it, then headed out to a swim meet where I sweated my behind off. But guess what?!?!?! My armpits didn't stink when I got home!!!! After all that sweating I was sure I would be stinking! I was thrilled that I didn't!

I'm sure you are all wanting this amazing recipe, right?!?!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup MELTED coconut oil (4 Tbsp solidified coconut oil)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup baking soda
10 drops if essential oils (optional, I used peppermint)

Directions:
Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl

Add the melted coconut oil and essential oils and stir well.

Once mixed it will be paste-like, place it in a jar before it solidifies.
Leave it to cool naturally before placing it in the fridge for extra solidification. You can keep it at room temperature for easier application, but you can also keep it in your fridge (it gets really hard)

TO APPLY:
Put some on your hand and rub it on your armpit like you would lotion. That's it. So simple!

HOW IT WORKS:
Baking soda absorbs odors, cornstarch absorbs wetness and coconut oil is an anti-oxidant and a moisturizer with anti-fungal/anti-bacterial properties.

I am in love with this stuff!!!! And I'm sure you will be too, so ditch the harmful chemicals in your deodorant (that have been proven to promote cancer!!!!!), and make some all natural and awesome deodorant!!!

Original recipe found here

No comments:

Post a Comment