Friday, August 10, 2012

Homemade Cold Medicine- Thank You Pinterest!

Let me begin by saying that this is a recipe (and photo) that I have gotten from Pinterest!

The other day I ran across this Pin and was SO excited about it.
Once the weather begins to change Jonathan is ALWAYS sick since his job requires him to go in and out of peoples warm homes so often, he gets colds like crazy!
I'm confident that we spent well over $100 last year in cold medicine. (OUCH!)

I have never been a big believer in home remedies (I guess that's what 27 surgeries does to someone, you learn to rely on modern medicine).
But after reading everyone's positive feedback I had to save this "recipe" and give it a shot the next time one of us gets a cold.

Well, whether it's this whole "being a woman" thing or the fact that I keep my home FREEZING cold inside even though it's 100 degrees outside I woke up with a nasty cough and stuffy nose.
And what was my first thought when I woke up feeling so awful!?!? YAY, I get to try the homemade cold medicine!
So I did.
And I am a BELIEVER!!!
It is very spicy, but before I could finish swallowing it my nose was cleared!

It only requires 4 items that you probably ALREADY have in your pantry!!! (and water.)

1/4 t Cayene
1/4 t Ginger
1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
2 T water
1 T Honey

Dissolve Cayene and Ginger in Cider Vinegar and water. Then add the honey, shake, and feel better!

It makes a small amount but since none of the ingredients require to be refrigerated I doubles the recipe and put it in a tiny Tupperware container so I don't have to mix some up the next time we need it!

You can find the wonderful blog this recipe came from HERE

I am so happy I found this! And if you decide to pass this on remember to give all the credit to Nancy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment