Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dinner on a Dime: Tuscan Vegetable Soup!

Tonight's dinner on a dime is of course our soup of the week! :)
I'm sure you are wondering why I have been making so much soup lately...especially since it is still "summer" (so ready for Fall...if you can't tell)
Well soup is one of the few meals that I LOVE just as much (if not more) as leftovers!
So it makes a PERFECT lunch for me whether I'm at home or at work (thanks to my amazing soup travel mug from Bed Bath and Beyond).

With this being said...Jonathan makes sure that I always have soup in the fridge since he loves the fact that it has me wanting to eat leftovers. :)

So tonights meal, Tuscan Vegetable Soup, was super easy and super good! And of course, easy on the wallet! :)

Ingredients:
Kale
Onion
Carrots
Celery
Bell peppers (not in the recipe but how can I cook anything with onions without peppers?)
28 oz can plum tomatoes
7 cups veggie stock
4 cloves garlic
1 can Cannelloni beans
Seasoning (I used red pepper, cayenne pepper poultry seasoning)

You can find the recipe HERE!

My cost:
Veggie Broth: $1.98
Kale: $.96
Beans: $.68
Tomatoes: $.90

Total: $4.52
wow! Less than $5 for a whole weeks worth of soup!
This makes enough for Jonathan and I to have dinner 2 nights plus lunch for me everyday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment