Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wild Rice Stuffed Cabbage Leaves!

I have had several people ask for the recipe that we cooked last night, so I am here to deliver!

They were SOOO good, and I can't wait to eat them leftover after all the favors have come together!

Wild rice stuffed cabbage leaves

Cabbage (I used 9 leaves, but use however many you want!
Onion diced
2 carrots diced
2stalks celery dices
2 cloves garlic minced
1tbs sage
16 oz tomato sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/2 cup veggie stock
3 cups cooked wild rice

Blanch cabbage leaves
Sauté onions carrots and celery with a little bit of water (to prevent sticking).
Once onions are soft add the garlic, sage, and sherry and cook until liquid has evaporated.
Mix cooked rice with cooked onion, carrots, and celery.
Spoon rice mixture into cabbage leaves, roll them up and place seam side down in baking dish.
Pour veggie broth into baking dish.
Cover with foil and Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and pour tomato sauce over cabbage rolls, cover and bake for another 15 minutes. (I forgot to take a picture of them after I put the tomato sauce on them!)

We had a lot of the rice mixture left over so you can always cut that in half if you want!
Let me know if you try it!

SIDE NOTE: I think it would be just as good, if not better with some soy sauce/chinese sauce instead of tomato sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment