Saturday, February 23, 2013

Homemade Almond Butter.

As most of you know, I have been on this whole homemade kick lately. Well today I finally tried something I have been wanting to do for a while! ALMOND BUTTER!

It is easy, but tedious. And I'm not going to lie, the cleanup process is NOT FUN, but totally worth it!

All you need is some almonds!
I used 3 cups of almonds that I roasted at 350 for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.

After I roasted the almonds I put them in the Ninja (food processor/blender) and blended until they turned into powder, then blended it until it got smooth and creamy (I had to stop several times to scrape the side of the blender, and to let the motor cool down.

You may want to add a little bit of olive oil, but it isn't necessary.

Don't be alarmed, it may take 15 minutes or so to get it to the consistency that you like.

So that's it, put almonds (roasted or raw) into blender/food processor until smooth and creamy.

And just an FYI, I used my ninja for this, not my fancy blender!

There are so many different things you can add to this to make it even more tasty.
Since I love dipping my apples in it I added honey and cinnamon to my almond butter and it turned out AMAZING!

And you can totally use any type of nut, I just chose almonds!

Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment