Sunday, October 21, 2012

Dessert on a Dime: Nutty Pumpkin-Pie Pudding.

(Photo from better homes and garden website)

If I haven't recommended for you to sign up for Better Homes and Gardens 100 Days of Holidays daily email then I have failed you, and GO SIGN UP NOW.
They are amazing. You will get an email with holiday ideas (decorating, homemade gifts, recipes...) every day! They are so great.

Well yesterday's email was all about crock pot desserts, and you know how much I love my crock pot so I was super excited.
When I saw the Pumpkin Pie Pudding I decided that I just had to make it. So I did.
It was super easy and cheap and very delicious! :)

You an find the original recipe HERE

Ingredients

15 ounce can pumpkin
5 ounce can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
1/3 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1-layer-size yellow cake mix
1 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted and chopped
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar

What to do:

- Lightly coat the inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Stir together pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin pie spice. -- - Spread batter evenly in the bottom of the prepared cooker.
- In a medium bowl stir together cake mix, nuts, and the remaining 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over pumpkin mixture in cooker.
- Melt butter over stove and stir in brown sugar until butter is melted.
- Drizzle melted butter and sugar over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove crockery liner from cooker, if possible, or turn off cooker. Cool, uncovered, for 30 minutes.

A bit of a warning, it doesn't look pretty AT ALL. But I promise once you taste it you will forget all about how it looks.

What it cost me:

Walnuts: $2.50
Pumpkin: $2.24
Evaporated milk: $.74

Total: $5.48

And it made a lot!
It goes great with ice cream! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment